- Get discreet, tooth-colored fillings
- Advanced technology makes your treatment precise
- Receive a five-year dental work guarantee
Little problems are easier to fix than big ones. The same is true for cavities. Dr. Charles Hawkins uses Zanesville tooth fillings to stop dental decay when it’s only a little problem. He uses the latest technology during your family’s dental exams so he can identify cavities in their earliest stages when they are easiest to treat with fillings. The technology includes:Dr. Charles Hawkins on fillings at Hawkins Complete Dental Service Read Transcript
Dr. Charles Hawkins on fillings at Hawkins Complete Dental Service
The amalgam fillings are still a good filing it's just strictly—it goes back to that cosmetic thing, and the silver fillings typically get darker over time. Now you got this beautiful white tooth with a dark black filling in it. Well, if we put a white filling in it, now you don't have that problem.
It seems like with the composites, my own personal opinion, seems like—the composites seem like, instead of metal, it insulates the tooth more. It seems like the white fillings seem like it insulates—it’s only my opinion. It seems like we don't have as much trouble with patients that, even drinking something cold and come in saying this tooth is bothering me because the white fillings are the composite, and it seems like it insulates the tooth better.
- Digital X-rays – Dr. Hawkins can enlarge or sharpen images or tweak the brightness and contrast to more easily see cavities, even small ones. Digital X-rays also emit less radiation than traditional X-rays, and your appointments won’t last as long because there’s no waiting while we develop film.
- DIAGNOdent – Using this device, Dr. Hawkins can see the interior of your teeth. Its laser fluorescence helps him find cracks and lesions that can indicate cavities. If Dr. Hawkins finds any cavities during your dental exam, he’ll take care of the problem with fillings.
Call Hawkins Complete Dental Service at 740-214-1301 to schedule your next checkup or to request an emergency appointment if your cavity is causing pain.
Tooth-Colored Composite Is Better For Your Teeth
If decay is not treated and gets into the soft center of your tooth, it can cause a painful infection and endanger the tooth. We offer restorative dentistry services that could help you with this dental issue. However, it’s better to treat cavities while they’re still small. Dr. Hawkins uses tooth-colored composite fillings so he can match the color to your teeth. No more gray spots in your smile!
In addition, he won’t have to remove as much healthy tooth structure for a composite filling. In fact, composite fillings can be used in areas where other materials aren’t an option, like the front surfaces or edges of your teeth. If decay is too severe for a cavity to fix, he can repair your tooth with a same-day dental crown.
Whatever the repair, you can rest easy knowing that your dental work is guaranteed for the next five years. As long as you visit our office regularly for cleanings, we will be sure your work stays in excellent shape.
Think you might have a cavity? Call Hawkins Complete Dental Service at 740-214-1301 to find out more about Zanesville tooth fillings. As with any of our procedures, you can relax in one of our massage chairs while Dr. Hawkins works.