Schedule an Appointment for Your Dental Emergency Now!740-214-1301
Even if you take great care of your teeth, you can still suffer dental emergencies. No need to panic, though! Zanesville, OH dentist Dr. Charles Hawkins schedules his office time at Hawkins Complete Dental Service so that he has time in his day to see patients in dental emergencies. You’ll feel better if you can get emergency treatment in familiar surroundings from a team you trust. The last thing you want to worry about in dental emergencies are a possible allergic reaction; that’s not an issue in our latex-free environment.Dr. Charles Hawkins on treating emergency patients at Hawkins Complete Dental Service Read Transcript
My approach to treating emergency patients is when they call, we're gonna do our best to get them in that same day. I've had a toothache, they are nothing fun. Since I've been through it, I know what kind of pain you're gonna be in. We try to get you in. If we can't get you in, we at least call you, if you're a patient on record, at least get you some pain meds, some antibiotics. If you're a new patient, we're gonna try to get you in so we can help you, we might not take the tooth out today or take care of the problem, but we can get you some antibiotics and pain meds to ease the problem until we get you in to take care of it.
If you’ve got dental emergencies, call Hawkins Complete Dental Service at 740-214-1301. We’ll do our best to see you as quickly as we can. And we’ll advise you on what to do until we can get you into our schedule.
We’ll Take Care of Your Dental Emergency
From a toothache to a broken tooth, we’ll relieve any pain you’re feeling with local anesthesia. Then we’ll work on solving the source of your dental distress. Here’s how we handle some common dental emergencies:
- Broken or cracked tooth. The usual solution for a broken or cracked tooth is a dental crown. Thanks to our CEREC technology, we can produce a dental crown for you in a single day. You won’t have to wait days, or even weeks, while an outside lab manufactures your crown.
- Toothache. If a cavity is the source of your toothache, Dr. Hawkins will remove all of the decay, then use a tooth-colored filling to repair your tooth.
If your dental damage is so extensive that your tooth can’t be saved, Dr. Hawkins, a Zanesville, OH dentist, can gently extract it. He’ll then help you determine which of our many tooth replacement options is right for you.
Sedation Lessens Anxiety in a Dental Emergency
A dental emergency can make even the coolest of people a little anxious. Fortunately, dental sedation can keep you calm while we resolve your dental emergencies. We offer three types of sedation:
- Fast-acting, light sedation
- Oral sedation, in the form of a powder placed under your tongue
- IV sedation, the strongest form of sedation, which creates a sleep-like state
In dental emergencies, keep calm and call Hawkins Complete Dental Service at 740-214-1301.