- Choose from three levels of sedation
- Even children can receive safe sedation
- Enjoy a worry-free exam or procedure
You can relax at our dentist office knowing we use patient-friendly technology and pursue continuing education. This ensures we stay up-to-date on the latest dental techniques, including sedation options in Zanesville.
If you still feel anxious despite our experienced dentist and compassionate staff, we can administer dental sedation. Dr. Hawkins uses three forms of dental sedation, so he can choose the one that will work best given the procedures you need and your level of anxiety. We can help you:
- Relax and receive the dental care you need
- Avoid more extensive dental work down the road
- Enjoy peace of mind about your oral health
You needn’t feel nervous at the dentist! Call Hawkins Complete Dental Service today at 740-214-1301.
Find Your Level of Relaxation With Multiple Dental Sedation Options
For a light level of sedation that is appropriate even for children, Dr. Hawkins can use a relaxing gas. You receive it through a small mask worn over your nose. It creates a euphoric feeling, but you can still hear everything and respond easily to questions. It is also:
- Fast Acting – You’ll feel its effects very quickly.
- Easy to Adjust – We can easily increase or decrease the amount of sedation during your procedure.
- No Lingering Effects – Unlike some other forms of sedation, you won’t feel groggy afterward. You can even drive yourself home after your procedure.
For a deeper level of relaxation, Dr. Hawkins can place a sedative in powdered form under your tongue. It requires about 30 minutes to take effect. You’ll feel sleepy, although you’ll still be able to react. Dr. Hawkins sometimes uses an oral sedative with an inhaled sedative. Because its effects take a few hours to wear off, you’ll need to arrange a ride home.
Intravenous or IV sedation provides the deepest level of relaxation. It:
- Is often the best choice for people with a full-blown dental phobia
- Allows many people to have no memory of their dental procedures
- Has lingering effects like oral sedation, so you won’t be able to drive for several hours
Dr. Hawkins is one of the few general dentists in southeastern Ohio who is licensed to offer IV sedation.
No matter which form of sedation you choose, our staff will carefully monitor you throughout your treatment. To discuss Zanesville sedation options with Dr. Hawkins, call Hawkins Complete Dental Service today at 740-214-1301.