- Relax with sedation options & amenities
- Our technology & microscopes detect infection
- Keep your smile healthy & bright
Thorough dental cleanings and exams are an essential part of maintaining your family’s oral health. At Hawkins Complete Dental Service, we may also recommend other Zanesville general dentistry for additional protection against decay and other problems. Those services include:Dr. Charles Hawkins on general dentistry at Hawkins Complete Dental Service Read Transcript
Dr. Charles Hawkins on general dentistry at Hawkins Complete Dental Service
General dentistry is fillings, fillings in people's mouth, taking teeth out, doing root canals. I've gotten away from root canals. Mini implants is part of general dentistry; it’s all aspects of dentistry. You can do whatever you want. We do dentures here. We do about it all here and just keep it in-house and take care of the patients.
- Fluoride treatments to help prevent cavities.
- Dental sealants to deter decay in back teeth and other tough-to-clean areas.
- Nutritional counseling to make you aware of dietary habits to improve your oral health, and your overall health too.
- Microscope bacteria screening so we can catch gum infections as quickly as possible. We are looking for a variety of “bugs” called spirochetes, gliding/spinning rods, amoebas, cytophaga, and more. These bacteria feed on your tissue and can damage your bone, so we identify and address them before they can cause significant damage.
To schedule a dental exam or other general dentistry services, call Hawkins Complete Dental Service today at 740-214-1301. Our sedation options and amenities like massage chairs will make your routine visits stress-free.
We Go Beyond Exams & Cleanings For Your Dental Health
Like many clichés, there’s a lot of truth in the saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” It’s especially true in dentistry, where good oral hygiene habits and regular dental exams and cleanings keep your mouth healthy. With the right kind of preventive care, you’re less likely to suffer dental damage that will require costly and complicated “cures.”
Keeping your mouth healthy is important to us, which is why we offer so many types of general dental services, including dental cleanings and exams. Dr. Hawkins can also address areas of concern such as halitosis (bad breath). He recommends a line of products called SmartMouth that eliminates the sulfur gases in your mouth that cause bad breath. And because you can’t have healthy teeth without healthy gums, he also offers gum disease treatment.
Custom Mouthguards Address Several Aspects of Dental Health
Dr. Charles Hawkins can fit you and your family members for custom mouthguards that:
- Help relieve an aching jaw and other symptoms of TMJ disorder
- Help keep your airway unobstructed while you sleep to alleviate snoring and other sleep apnea symptoms
- Help protect your teeth during sports or other physical activities
In some cases, a mouthguard purchased from a retailer will work nearly as well as a custom mouthguard. Dr. Hawkins will discuss your needs in detail so he can determine which kind of mouthguard will offer the best value for your family.
To keep your mouth healthy with general dentistry in Zanesville, call Hawkins Complete Dental Service today at 740-214-1301.