Make Your Appointment Now for our General Dentistry Services. Call Today!740-214-1301
Like many clichés, there’s a lot of truth in the saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” It’s especially true in dentistry, where good oral hygiene habits and regular dental exams and cleanings keep your mouth healthy. With the right kind of preventive care, like general dentistry services at Hawkins Complete Dental Service in Zanesville, OH, you’re less likely to suffer dental damage that will require costly and complicated “cures.”Dr. Charles Hawkins on general dentistry at Hawkins Complete Dental Service Read Transcript
General dentistry is fillings, fillings in people's mouth, taking teeth out, doing root canals. I've gotten away from root canals. Mini implants is part of general dentistry; it’s all aspects of dentistry. You can do whatever you want. We do dentures here. We do about it all here and just keep it in-house and take care of the patients.
Keeping your mouth healthy is important to us, which is why we offer so many general dentistry services in our Zanesville, OH dentist office, from dental cleanings and exams to nonsurgical gum disease treatment.
To schedule a dental exam or other general dentistry services, call Hawkins Complete Dental Service at 740-214-1301.
We Go Beyond Exams and Cleanings for Your Dental Health
Thorough dental cleanings and exams are an essential part of maintaining your family’s oral health. We may also recommend general dentistry services that offer an added degree of protection against decay and other problems. Those services include:
- Fluoride treatments to help prevent cavities.
- Dental sealants to deter decay in back teeth and other tough-to-clean areas.
- Nutritional counseling to make you aware of dietary habits to improve your oral health, and your overall health too.
- Microscope bacteria screening so we can catch gum infections as quickly as possible. We are looking for a variety of “bugs” called spirochetes, gliding/spinning rods, amoebas, cytophaga and more. These bacteria feed on your tissue and can damage your bone, so it’s important to identify and address them before significant damage is done.
Dr. Hawkins can also address areas of concern, such as halitosis (bad breath). He recommends a line of products called SmartMouth that eliminate the sulfur gases in your mouth that cause bad breath. And because you can’t have healthy teeth without healthy gums, he also offers gum disease treatment.
Custom Mouthguards Address Several Aspects of Dental Health
Dr. Charles Hawkins can fit you and your family members for custom mouthguards that can:
- Help relieve an aching jaw and other symptoms of TMJ disorder
- Help keep your airway unobstructed while you sleep to alleviate snoring and other sleep apnea symptoms
- Help protect your teeth during sports or other physical activities
In some cases, a mouthguard purchased from a retailer will work nearly as well as a custom mouthguard. Dr. Hawkins will discuss your needs in detail, so he can determine which kind of mouthguard will offer the best value for your family.